On 23rd February 2022, Google announced that the YouTube earnings will have a separate homepage and payments account in AdSense.
This change will begin in March 2022 and roll out over the next few months. Google Adsense experience is getting improved and this is one of the step taken towards it.
YouTube will have a dedicated AdSense for the YouTube homepage in AdSense. It allows creators even quicker access to their finalized YouTube earnings in AdSense.
Most important points you need to note down about this change
- Payments for YouTube earnings will be separated into their own payments account. This means the YouTube and AdSense payments accounts will have separate payment threshold amounts.
- If you use AdSense to get paid for more than just YouTube, it could affect payment timing.
- Any unpaid YouTube earnings will be moved into that new payments account. The details of your previously paid YouTube earnings and any other AdSense earnings will remain associated with your AdSense payments account.
- Currently, the new homepage is only accessible to a small number of creators while it’s being rolled out in 2022. Until roll out completes, finalized YouTube earnings are still visible to YouTube creators in their AdSense payments account.
- Once rolled out fully, you’ll land on the new AdSense for YouTube homepage by navigating to AdSense from within YouTube Studio. You can also see it at the top of the left-hand menu in AdSense.